Sunday, May 2, 2010

Wilson's First Beach

With Katie and Holly at a dance camp weekend on the coast, it was Immi’s turn to be an “only child” and go camping for a night with Mum and Dad - my theory that if she’d been the first, we would only have ever had one still stands.... just. Despite touting themselves as dog lovers, dog friendly campsite are a rarity, but a place in Kiola ticked the boxes and was just 25mins from the big girls location.


Searching for a spot to sit.

Wilson loved the open and had to say hello to anyone that went past.

Happy Wilson and very happy Sal.

Training, he's learning fast but still loves an early start and the odd midnight "sing"

Chew, chew, sleep, chew...

Its never too early to start surfing, come on mate lean into the carve....just wait until he gets his float coat.

  
Great weather for mid Autumn (UK November) – 24c and the water is still warm.



Beautiful waves on Sunday, in supremely clear water. For years and years I windsurfed/surfed around the UK coast in silt filled water which had zero visibility, I would have given anything to be in seas like this, but when it happens and you are in 20ft of water and you can see every little sandy ripple on the sea bed you get a feeling of vulnerability, every rock gets a second look just to check it isn’t moving with or towards me.,,,I think I'm getting weak in my old age.

Sunday AM and its breakfast with the parrots, almost artificial colours on these little chaps and just so friendly. As I took shots of Sal feeding them, they were landing on me and the hand that held the camera.

"A hoy me harties"



I’m no twitcher, but I think that’s mum in the background. ;-)

5 comments:

Glenn said...

Oh my god the parrots are amaizing!!! Wilson can write his name so well, and lay off Immi, it's not easy having her postman father 18,000 miles away. {:->}

Dorsetts in Oz said...

Spot on mate, you should have seen the fiasco at immigration when the Dorsett family lined up 2 years ago...........and who’s the visitor sir?

Marshies said...

Oh what gorgeous photos. Wilson is absolutley cute az! (another great kiwi term).

Team Robb said...

Glad to see at least one picture of Immi - are you sure Wilson isn't an only child! Just kidding, he is gorgeous and we are jealous of the beach weather - does this place ever warm up?

Dorsetts in Oz said...

All depends on what you think “warm” is - just take 7-10c off Aus "Warm" and bingo - a beautiful day in the UK. Getting cool in Canberra now.