Monday, September 5, 2011

Renovations - Driveway almost done.


A few before and after shots of the drieway.


Rains in Nov '10 washed away much of the old driveway
and it has taken a bit of time and effort (DIY)
to finally get things sorted, and ready for the next rains.



1 large storm drain, 100 railway sleepers,
secured with 200 pickets, filled in with 60m3 of stone.



Before the rains and before I knew anything about driveways!



Solar lights drilled into sleepers - 1st hole blew up my 12yr old Bosch drill (not before time), replacement drill (father's day present) did 12 holes until it also stopped! I finished the remaining 28 holes with a bosh replacement, replacement drill......I love it when a simple job goes without a hitch.
  
 
Spare bedroom WIR and shower room next, how hard can it be!!

1 comment:

Glenn said...

Mate... I love it when you take on a simple little weekend project and you don't call me. Great job though, looks lovely. Tis about time you stopped phaffing about with BOSCH... amateur kit... can't afford it myself, but DEWALT has got to be the way to go for all your power-tool fetishes. My best man Paul, once lined his yard with reclaimed sleepers, and was using a grinder to take off some unwanted metal bolts. Two hours later, and now at home eating dinner, wondered where all the fire engines were going at such a pace, only to find out it his yard was on fire. The bolt had retained the heat from the cutter, and the sleepers were soaked in so much engine oil.... well it burned for two days. So when the Gorgeous Sally J complains about the mess during the next DIY project, you can remind her that it could be worse. I'll send you images of my latest project to your email address. Well Done Buddy. GJ x