Friday, May 23, 2008

Merici Athletics Carnival May 08




Hi there, Just thought I would let you all know how I did on my first School Athletics Carnival on Tue. We all went to the Australian Institute of Sport for the day which was amazing. I ran on a proper track which was pretty scary. I entered the first race of the day which was the 1500M and mum had to drop me off early as it started before anyone arrived to cheer us on. I came first in my year! I also entered the 800M and 400M and came first in both too - I was not so good in the 100M where I came fifth but did ok in the 200M coming 2nd. I was the only girl to enter all the races and Mum thought I must have been mad. I couldn't move the next day. Yesterday I ran for the school cross country team and qualified for the Districts in June. I think I have caught the running bug which Mum and Dad are very happy about!!! Miss you all Love Katiexx

5 comments:

Sian said...

Fantastic Katie!!
Sian xx

M&M said...

Well Done Katie
Love
Mandy&Meg xx

The Fishers said...

Well done Katie, it must have been great running on a proper track, miss you lots
love
ellie xxxxx

Nicola said...

Wow Katie! I think you must have inherited your sporting ability from your cousin Nicola! Love to all. Nicola x

Unknown said...

Hey KD, what a fantastic effort, I knew there was a decent runner in the Dorsett family somewhere. So 1500, 800 & 400 - first in the year, at least that means that we'll see you again in the UK in 2012, cause you'll be representing Australia in the London Olympics. Soooooo proud of you. Speak to you soon. Jackie and Glenn xxxxx