Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Trip to a Garden near Eden

Took advantage of another Australian Public Holiday weekend (Canberra Day...any excuse!) to head to the coast with Mum & Dad to meet friends from Sale (Victoria) and another couple who we hadn’t previously met - Ex POMS, but you can’t have everything.

We decided to meet at a campsite near beautiful Eden, about 3hrs south of home.



Arrived just after dark to discover that I knew Mr “Another Couple” from when I grew up in North Wales! Dave’s younger brother was one of my best mates in Air Cadets and I’d last seen him in ’84....you travel all this way and the buggers still track you down........time for a wine or two, three, five......oh dear


She's flying!
Nice warm water, but never far from a drifting piece of seaweed......makes me jump sometimes as you're seldom alone in the seas around here...........bloke caught a stingray from the beach that AM....I’m sure it was a friendly one though.
Come on Immi, pick up the little stick.
A brief pause before she returns to terrorising the old folks on the campsite road / “race circuit”
Team Pro-Dorsett, assemble before the Twofold Beach championships!

Apart from Saturday, the weather wasn’t great but with 2 families in tents and ourselves in the Caravan, we quickly realised how lucky we are. When it rained at night in a tent I used to lie there wondering what was getting wet, where the leaks are and how damp everything would be in the morning, in the caravan you just hear the rain on the roof and the cosy feeling makes you sleep more soundly under your duvet.................OK, I’ve missed out the fact that you do need to spend the kids inheritance to buy the van and burn more fuel than an airliner to get to the campsite!
My big sister
(Katie didn't want me to use this photo as her hair isn't right.....teenagers!)   

A view from behind the camera, makeup, lighting technicians and refreshments van just out of shot.


 

5 comments:

HollyThomasxx said...

Katie!!!!!!! Missing you soooo much, how are you?? Love the pictures, you haven't changed much -(in a good way!) Hows oz?? You loving it?? Come back to England some time and MAKE SURE YOU VISIT ME! ! !
Love you lots and lots

Holly (Thomas) xxxxxxx :)

Glenn said...

Great photos and captions as always, well done on the change of font for comedic effect in para three, I feel like all my effort was not necessarily in vein. Miss you all loads. J & G xxxxx

Marshies said...

Loving it, loving it! Hols, we love your dance, your legs are slightly longer than when we last saw you. Study has slightly taken over my life again so our blog hasn't received much attention of late. Will make a concerted effort to 'sort it out'.

Nicola said...

Natalie would kill me if I put a video of her on You Tube!! Great to see you're all having such a fab time. Love to all. Nxx

JulesLibbySebUK said...

Great Seaweed Dance Hols!!! Feel so much better seeing your blog...always makes me smile, lots of love and kisses xxxxxx